Maynard Public Schools Update

Good evening,  

I am sure that you are aware that some of our surrounding school districts are beginning to announce prolonged school closing. I have been in communication with area superintendents and town officials monitoring the ever-changing landscape.

The Administration has begun working on plans for potential extended school closures. We will share that information with you as it becomes available.  

The Commissioner of Education has scheduled a conference call for Superintendents tomorrow morning. I am confident that he will be giving us guidance on school closures. I will wait to make a decision about closing school until after the conference call and will communicate this information to you as soon as possible.  

Thank you for your patience as we work together through this rapidly evolving situation. 


Mary Jane Rickson