Maynard High School Core Values and Beliefs
Maynard High School is a community of adult and student learners who believe that
students learn best in a safe environment where there is mutual respect between faculty, students, administrators, and community members. We further believe that students need to be provided with the opportunity and means to become effective communicators and to attain competency in content areas through curricula and instruction that offer opportunities to reflect, refine, and develop real world 21st century skills. We believe that collaboration with parents and the community best supports the academic and personal growth of our students as they become active members of society.
Expectations for Student Learning
- Communicate academically, professionally and effectively through writing and through speech.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills, apply knowledge, think critically and creatively
- Read for understanding in order to synthesize information and develop a coherent argument
- Access, utilize, and gain proficiency in evolving technologies to enhance learning and understanding
- Work effectively with others by listening, communicating, and collaborating while
demonstrating respect, tolerance and acceptance of different perspectives
- Act as independently functioning adults by learning to self-advocate, to demonstrate self-respect, and to make positive decisions
- Become informed and active citizens